- Drafting of wills
- Lasting Powers of Attorneys
- Living Wills
- Estate Planning
- Administration of Estates (Grant of Probate or Letters of administration)
- Claims Against Estates
- Tax Planning (including inheritance tax)
- Advice to the Elderly on Long Term Care
- Advice to the Elderly on Care Home Fees
- Advice to Court of Protection Applicants
When it comes to drafting Wills, we like to meet with you to discuss your requirements and wishes and explain the legal requirements for a valid Will. We then prepare a draft Will for you to consider at your convenience. Once you are totally happy with your Will we then have a further meeting for your Will to be signed.
When someone close to you dies, somebody has to administer their "estate". A person's estate is made up of the money, property and any possessions they had at the time of their death. The process of Probate involves collecting any money that is owed, settling any debts due, paying any taxes and dividing the estate amongst the respective beneficiaries.
At Johnson Crilly Solicitors, we understand that this can be an emotional and difficult time of your life without having to deal with the legal and tax papers. We will always be on hand to remove the burden in order to make the proceedings much more manageable for the client.